Back acne can be an annoying condition especially when it begins to hamper you from doing your daily tasks and causes annoyance and discomfort on your part. Knowing back acne causes is the first big step in finding and implementing the cure for it (Learn more about Treat Back Acne).
There are many reasons why people suffer from an annoying back acne problem and here are some of it.
- Hormonal imbalance. Changes in your body’s hormonal secretion can cause back acne. Commonly affected with this are the teenagers who are undergoing drastic body changes. The hormonal imbalance experienced by girls before getting their period can cause back acne. Those who are in their menopausal stage can also suffer from this condition. Men who are taking high levels of testosterone such as those who are lifting weights can also suffer from back acne as a side effect.
- Stress. Stress can also trigger acne flare-ups because when a person is under pressure, his mind sends a signal to the body to make more hormones like androgens and cortisol. These hormones stimulate the sebaceous glands to produce more sebum, clogging the pores and causing acne.
- Diet. Today’s modern diet is mostly composed of meat and even vegetable products that are bombarded with hormone-enriching chemicals. High consumption of these products in the form of fast food and processed goods can cause an acne outbreak, acne scars on back, and other serious health issues.
Also, excessive consumption of sugary foods and dairy with high GI level and hormone is linked to increased risk of an outbreak.
- Genetics. One of the back acne causes that can give us a cue whether or not we will suffer from an acne outbreak in the future is our genetic predisposition. If back acne runs in your family, then prepare yourself because more or less you will likely have it. But it doesn’t mean you have to endure and suffer from it. There are medications and natural treatment for back acne that you can choose from that give real relief.
- Drug medications and side effects. Some drug medications and nutritional supplements cause or trigger acne breakout. If you’ve suspected that this is the case, go through your drug prescription and look for its side effects. If your doubt is confirmed, then see your physician and ask if he can prescribe a different medication, if possible.
- Undiagnosed medical condition. Seldom had we taken for granted mild acne conditions, unless it poses a real problem for us. Little we know, it can be a sign of an undiagnosed medical complication. If you have used topical and oral acne medications without any result, better consult your physician about this so it can be diagnosed and the best back acne treatment can be started.
- Food and drinks. Also take into consideration your food intake; one or two of your favorite food or drink may be triggering your back acne. Keep record of your food and drink intake so you’ll know which one triggers your acne problem.
- Artificial skin care products. Some makeups and skin care products such as lotion are oil-based which clog the skin pores and trigger an acne breakout. So when buying cosmetics and skin care products, make sure to check the labels and check if these are oil free, non-comedogenic, and non-acne genic.
While back acne can be pretty annoying, getting at the source and knowing your back acne causes can be of great help in finding the best treatment for back acne. It can also prevent further outbreaks and stop its comeback once and for all.