Acne is a very usual skin disease. It has different kinds and may be classified as level 1 (mild acne) to level 4 (severe acne). The best way to get rid of acne depends on what kind your skin has, the cause, and where the acne is.
Acne is something to watch out for. Though it is not that dangerous, it is a nuisance and is bothersome. What is the best way to get rid of acne? Well, it really depends.
For some, the best way to get rid of acne is simple. Home remedies are preferred rather than using laser treatments and medications. However, for a 100-% treatment, prevention is the key.
Best Way to Get Rid of Acne with Home Remedies
Getting rid of back acne is tough, at the same time, having it is embarrassing. There are home ingredients that can be used to treat back acne and acne scars.
- Oatmeal: Grind 3 tablespoon of oatmeal and pour another 3 tablespoon into a clean sock or shirt and tie end to seal. Put it in the bathtub and bathe with hot water. Squeeze it regularly to maintain the replenished oats. Soak for 20-30 minutes.
- Tea Tree Oil: Mix 2-3 drops of tea tree oil into 1 cup of water. Use a cotton ball to apply it on the acne part. You may store the excess solution for future use.
- Cinnamon and Honey Mask: Ratio is 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon to 2 tablespoons of honey to half a teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply it to the affected area and leave until it dries. Rinse with warm water.
These are just 3 samples of easy ways to get rid of acne in terms of homemade treatments. What is the best way to get rid of acne, you say? Medications such as topical or oral medications may be what’s best for you, too.
For other people, it is much practical to buy a set of medications and take them regularly than doing daily routines that may cause some time management problems. These medications are for people who are mostly busy with work or those who do not have enough time to do a lot every day.
- Benzoyl Peroxide
- Salicylic Acid
- Topical and oral medications such as clindamycin, doxycycline, erythromycin, and tetracycline.
- Topical retinoid medications such as Retin-A, Differin, or Tazorac.
- Topical creams such as Azelex or azelaic acid.
- Oral retinoid like Isotretinoin
- For women who experience PMS (Pre-Menstrual Syndrome) acne, one may use a birth control pill but only in low dosage.
To choose from these medications, help from a dermatologist is needed. Once she examines your skin, she would know what among these would best fit you.
There is a lot of different laser treatments available for you depending on the type of acne you are treating. Laser blue lights may pinpoint where the bacteria really is. But laser treatments are usually required to be done for at least 2 sessions. Laser treatments are done solely by dermatologists, compared to the other two treatments which you may do by yourself. This process cannot get rid of the pimples 100%; however, improvements are easily and immediately seen after a session.
These three are the best treatments for acne but for some doctors, prevention is the best treatment. Good hygiene practices are needed in order to maintain and avoid skin diseases. So if you are to ask me what is the best way to get rid of acne, I say, prevention– it’s always better than cure.