diabetes health care?

Hi, I need help! well i just turned 19 and am moving to Oklahoma for college. I had Medical in California but haven’t found anything that will pay for my doctors visits and supplies. being a student and living on my own is hard enough, any one know something I don’t?

Written By Nurse007

{ 1 comment… add one }
  • Bolt March 1, 2009, 2:02 pm

    many universities offer free or reduced cost medical care and medications to students, as well as student insurance programs. Check with the school you plan to attend for information. Also check with the state’s ADA (or 1800-diabetes) to see what information they may have. In some states, students, espeially those with a chronic illness, can get medicaid, which will cover the expenses.

    Being diabetic, especially if type 1, they may refer you to an outside doctor for diabetic care (as they did to me – our on campus doctor was actually a PA and I was a little more complicated medically than your average type II).

GDPR Suite

Like most websites GDPR Suite uses cookies. In order to deliver a personalized, responsive service and to improve the site, we remember and store information about how you use it. This is done using simple text files called cookies which sit on your computer.