Acne can leave a daunting feeling behind even if it already stops making a scene on your face. Just consider the scars it left behind. Though you already kept acne at bay, you still have to deal with the marks it caused. But worry no more because you are not alone. To help you with, here are some easy and proven ways on how to get rid of acne marks fast.
Natural Home Remedies Sometimes, the best and side-effect-free acne medication are just around us and can even be found in our kitchen cupboard.
- Lemon or Lime. Lemon and lime have intrinsic bleaching properties that can help lighten acne scars. To use, you can mix equal amounts of lemon juice and water and apply it directly on your acne scars. Leave it for 15 to 25 minutes then rinse off.
- Honey. Honey is rich in antibacterial properties that reduce inflammation while at the same time soothes the skin. This is also an ideal acne scar remedy for people with sensitive skin.
- Baking Soda. This humble kitchen must-have can be great for exfoliation and scar lightening. To use, just mix one teaspoon of baking soda with two teaspoons of water and form a paste. Apply it on your face and rub it in a circular motion. Do this for at least two minutes then rinse off.
- Ice. Ice cubes can help reduce inflammation and redness of the affected area.Wrap the ice in a clean cloth and hold it against your acne scars for approximately two minutes.
- Aloe Vera. This wonder plant has healing and rejuvenating properties that helps heal acne scars. Just apply the Aloe Vera sap directly on the acne scars and let it do its healing magic.
Medical Treatment and Therapy for Acne Marks
Sometimes, oral acne medication or other forms of medical treatment is already needed, especially when the acne scar is not normal and if it takes too long to heal. Here are some medications and therapies that can make scar-healing faster and blemish-free:
- Cortisone Creams
- Skin Lightening Creams
As for those who want to get rid of acne fast and easy and those who developed an aversion and allergic reaction to most acne scar treatment, here is a list of new acne medication therapies that you can try:
- Chemical Peeling
- Laser treatment
Take Good Care of Your Skin
Last but not the least; prevention is better than cure so get your skin and health in top shape so you can avoid having to take medication for acne. Here are some tips that can be of help in keeping your skin healthy and glowing:
- Choose gentle and non-comedogenic skin care products
- Cover your skin and protect it from direct sunlight
- Exfoliate regularly
- Stop picking
- Eat a balanced diet
- Drink plenty of water
How to get rid of acne marks need not be arduous. There are readily available natural medicines that one can use; we just need to look around to find it. As for hard-to-deal acne scars, medication and therapies can help solve the problem.