Seek immediate medical attention for anyone who appears to have hypothermia. Until medical help is available, follow these first-aid guidelines for hypothermia.
- Be gentle. When you’re helping a person with hypothermia, handle him or her gently. …
- Move the person out of the cold. …
- Remove wet clothing. …
- Cover the person with blankets. …
- Insulate the person’s body from the cold ground. …
- Monitor breathing. …
- Provide warm beverages. …
- Use warm, dry compresses.
More items to read
Watch This Video About First Aid Treatment for Hypothermia:
After 20 to 30 minutes your body core temperature will drop to 35°C (95° F.) Even in ice water hypothermia does not set in until after 20 to 30 minutes, depending on the amount and type of clothing.
Low Body Temperature Symptoms
What Causes Hypothermia
Body Temperature 35
Hypothermia Signs And Symptoms
Effects Of Hypothermia
Cold Body Temperature
Low Body Temperature 35