Here Are Information About Herbs And Natural Remedies For ADHD In Children
ADHD patients carry this disorder well into adulthood. This cannot be completely healed; only controlled through natural remedies for ADHD in children.
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, or ADHD, affects not just the child, but his or her entire family. ADHD does not only stay in one’s childhood. In fact, some ADHD patients carry this disorder well into adulthood. Some say this cannot be completely healed; only managed or controlled through natural remedies for ADHD in children.
Things to watch out for in your child before considering taking proven natural remedies for adhd in children:
● Easily bored
● Easily distracted and unable to finish work or homework assignments
● Constant daydreaming
● Unable to follow direction
● Constant chattering
● Constantly fidgeting or squirming
If not for natural remedies for ADHD in children, one would have to go for prescription medication in order to manage the symptoms, improve brain function, and develop good behavior. Proven natural remedies for ADHD in children are preferred as most medications cause these unwanted side effects:
● Increased anxiety
One form of natural remedies for ADHD in children is through minerals. You may talk to your doctor about taking supplements but most likely, they will suggest boosting your food intake that includes these:
1. Zinc. It has been found that most children who have ADHD have a low zinc level in their blood. This mineral boosts the immune system, builds proteins, triggers enzyme production, and creates DNA. As one of the home remedies for ADHD kids, you can find this mineral in foods such as cooked oysters, cooked lean beef short ribs, toasted wheat germ, spinach, and pumpkin and squash seeds.
2. Omega-3 fatty acids. This can help prevent a lot of health problems including cancer, cardiovascular diseases, inflammation, developmental disorder, and cognitive aging. The best sources of these natural remedies for ADHD in children are caviar, cooked striped bass, canned fish and seafood, fish oil, mungo beans, and peppermint. This can improve the brain function and address depression in ADHD patients.
3. Iron. An insufficient amount of this nutrient in the body leads to weakness, rapid heartbeat, headaches, ringing in the ears, pale skin, irritability, cognitive impairment, and learning disabilities. Top sources of iron are squash and pumpkin seeds, chicken liver, oysters, mussels, clams, nuts, and lean chuck roast. Research shows that ADHD symptoms and low iron levels are connected.
4. Magnesium. This mineral helps manage over 300 biochemical processes in the body. You know you lack this mineral if you experience irritability, short attention span, and mental confusion—some of the most common manifestations of ADHD. To keep up with your body’s magnesium needs, eat raw spinach, squash and pumpkin seeds, mackerel, soy beans, brown rice, and avocados.
Aside from incorporating the above minerals in your diet, you may also turn to these herbs as natural treatment for ADD:
● Ginkgo biloba can reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety. As for people with ADHD, taking this herb can improve memory, focus, and other cognitive functions.
● Ginseng improves concentration and memory in ADHD patients. It is therefore not surprising that this is considered as one of the best natural remedies for ADHD in children.