Guide to quick natural remedies for allergies
Allergies are the body’s hypersensitive reactions to elements that it encounters. Do-it- yourself natural remedies for allergies are briefly discussed.
Allergy season or not, people always vouch for medicines from drugstores or even recommendations from friends and family. But, now that people are more tech-savvy, they tend to rely more on social media searching for “natural remedies for allergies” because some are more aware that there are DIY remedies where most ingredients can be found at home.
Here are some natural remedies for seasonal allergies that you have and can start at home:
- Apple Cider Vinegar. The most famous vinegar in the natural health community is always recommended for many complex health conditions. It is good for treating an allergy and even provide heartburn relief. Some say that it can also better one’s digestion and help with weight loss.
- Honey. According to health sites, honey is one of the best natural remedies for allergies. It was tagged as the one that heals everything. Consume a teaspoon of honey to relieve symptoms.
- Nettle Leaf. This has a natural antihistamine and most people use the leaves to make a tea, while others use capsules for the acute relief of the allergies’ symptoms.
- Citrus Drinks. Aside from tea, citrus drinks are healthy for everyone for it contains more Vitamin C. It provides relief from seasonal allergies and protects the immune system.
- Acupuncture. This ancient Chinese practice can be an effective way in relieving both the causes and effects of an allergic reaction. One of the known natural remedies for allergies, this procedure can cure some allergy symptoms from sneezing and runny nose to puffy eyes.
- Turmeric. Time to cook curry. This spice has curcumin which acts as decongestant that helps reduce allergy symptoms and defend your body against colds.
It is not bad to rely on pharmaceutical recommendations but treating an allergy the natural way can be of big help in your household. On the other hand, if the symptoms are more serious, better consult your doctor.
Natural remedies for dog allergies
Nowadays, most families have their own pet dog. These pets are the owner’s stress relievers because of their loyalty and sweetness. Yet, people who have allergies can have a problem if they want to own a dog.
Here are some natural remedies for allergies to minimize the symptoms of pet-related allergies in your home:
- Assign a safe haven (or room) where pets cannot enter. Keep a room that is off-limits to your little buddies and clean it regularly so that pet dander will not transfer on your clothing, bedding, or curtains, etc.
2. Always purify your home. Purify the air by spraying air disinfectant in every part of your house.
3. Clean your pet’s area regularly. As you clean your own area, make sure that your pet’s space is also cleaned up. This will prevent gross build up.
4. Dust until there’s nothing left to dust. This may sound exaggerated but if people in the house have allergies, it would be better to always keep the house clean. Our dogs have furs that if mixed with dust can cause more allergies. It is also good to dust with wet cloth
5. Bathe your pets regularly. This is good especially if your dog/s are inside the house.
If you maintain your house to be allergy-free but still safe for your pets then you really don’t have to bother finding solutions such as natural remedies for allergies.