Are you Suffering from Heartburns? Here are Some Tips and Tricks and Natural Remedies for Heartburn
Some natural remedies for heartburn can be found right out of your kitchen. But if it is unlike you to do this, some tips and tricks are also discussed.
Heartburn is not to be taken lightly for behind every episode of it is acid reflux. Acid reflux may not cause you heartburn at all but when there is heartburn, you can bet that your body is experiencing acid reflux. Acid reflux is when the lower esophageal sphincter, or LES, which contains the contents of your stomach and keep them there, relaxes. When the LES is relaxed, the acid from your stomach travels back up to the esophagus. You surely will not like acid in your throat so better research about natural remedies for heartburn.
To help you get started on your journey towards better management of this unwelcome condition, you may try the following natural remedies for heartburn:
- To neutralize the acid, better stack up on alkaline foods. Mustard is one good example. By countering the acid in your throat, mustard can help ease the pain brought by acid reflux.
- Another remedy for heartburn is by eating three to four almonds after every meal and snack. Just go easy on the almonds as eating too much can actually trigger heartburn.
- Before bedtime, drink a cup of chamomile tea. This has anti-inflammatory properties that can regulate the acidity level in your stomach. This will calm you down after a stressful day and is important for a good nights sleep; both of which are also heartburn natural remedies.
- Ginger root tea can also help you deal with heartburn. Drinking a cup of this before meals shields the stomach from too much acid.
- Consume a serving of apple or banana at least once a day. This will also help control the acid level in the stomach.
However, if you find it hard to look for these natural remedies for heartburn in your kitchen, you may opt to do the following tips and tricks instead:
- Find out what triggers your heartburn. And once you find the perpetrator, you should try to avoid consuming it as much as you can.
- Check your clothing, as tight-fitting clothes contribute to the heartburn you are feeling. This is also another one of the natural remedies for heartburn.
- Avoid cigarettes and alcohol. The contents of these that make most people happy consuming both can be the cause of your discomfort. Alcohol irritates the stomach while smoking greatly affects your general health so better stay clear from these two.
- Another natural remedy for heartburn is to make sure you keep your weight at a healthy level. The spike in your weight could also mean an increase in your chances of having a heartburn episode. Worse, this can also lead to gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Speaking of GERD, people who suffer from this condition find great relief in chewing a piece of gum. Thirty minutes after meal, you may reach for this heartburn natural remedy.
Whether it is your thing to rummage your kitchen for dilemmas such as natural remedies for heartburn or you prefer shortcuts, one thing is for sure. You don’t have to endure this situation as only you can make it go away.