All You Need to Know About Natural Remedies for Lupus
Your immune system is your best line of defense against viruses and bacteria. Be sure to take note of these natural remedies for lupus to improve this system.
Lupus is a chronic condition that affects the body’s immune system. Everyone knows that the immune system is in charge of protecting the body from unwanted diseases. However, it can do the exact opposite and attack normal cells and tissues. It goes into overdrive that results to inflammation and worse, organ damage. This is what happens in the body of a lupus victim. There are medications and medical treatment for this. Then there are the natural remedies for lupus.
Natural remedies for lupus mostly come from the food we eat. If for some reason you are unable to consume the recommended intake of important vitamin and minerals that could improve your immune system and manage the symptoms of lupus, these foods are considered as natural remedies for lupus pain:
● Flaxseed is one of the natural remedies for lupus nephritis. Lupus nephritis is the condition of people who have lupus and are also experiencing kidney problems. The alpha linolenic acid found in flaxseed are natural remedies for lupus as it is anti-inflammatory.
● Fish oil and its high omega 3 fatty acid content is one of the natural remedies for lupus. Science is yet to confirm whether these are natural cures lupus.
● Foods that are rich in Vitamins A, D, and E can also help a lupus patient. Vitamin A is anti-inflammatory and is commonly found in carrots, sweet potatoes, milk, liver, and dark leafy greens. Vitamin D, on the other hand, can calm down a hyperactive immune system and is found in cod liver oil, tuna, and sardines. On the other hand, Vitamin E sources such as peanuts and vegetable oils are natural remedies for lupus as this vitamin is highly anti-inflammatory.
You can augment these foods with simple acts that could do a whole great deal for your health.
You can try:
● Doing regular exercise
● Practicing good and proper hygiene and skin care
● To stop smoking
● Going for a healthy diet
● Regularly visiting your dentist
● Getting checked by an ophthalmologist
If somehow none of these seem to work, it is time to revisit your knowledge about the disease as there might be something you are missing. You should know that lupus is:
● Not a disease. It has physical signs that are rather unsightly but you can’t possibly get it because your neighbor had it.
● Making your immune system dysfunctional. It causes the immune system to use the antibodies to attack healthy tissues instead of going for antigens such as viruses and bacteria.
● Affecting mostly women. As much as 90% of lupus patients are female.
● Mostly targeting those aged between 15-45.
● A commonly neglected or misunderstood condition.
● Caused by genetic and environment factors. This includes sun exposure, some specific medications, a viral infection, and by certain chemicals.
Your immune system is something you should safeguard against all odds. It is your best line of defense against viruses and bacteria that can lead to diseases. Be sure to take note of the natural remedies for lupus as these can surely help you.