Information About Natural Remedies for Shingles: Treat it the Natural Way
Shingles are the varicella zoster virus. It is a viral infection that brings painful rash on the body. Natural remedies for shingles can be tried at home.
Natural remedies for shingles address the numbness, tingling, or itching brought about by the condition on one side of the body alongside the nerve lines. These symptoms sooner or later head into a blistering or a more painful rash. This varicella zoster virus is the same as what you have when you experience chicken pox. After one person had a chicken pox, it will become dormant. But, in some cases when the virus occurs again, it will be called shingles. The virus might occur more in adults who have low immune system.
To use natural remedies for shingles itch, it should be made sure that the cause of the disease is shingles. Some rashes might just be a symptom of another disease. Better consult your doctor about this. Also, there are go-to medical treatment in curing shingles but nowadays, some prefer to treat shingles the holistic way.
Here are Some Natural Remedies for Shingles to Treat The Holistic Way
- Aloe vera juice or anything that is rich in Vitamin E. Apply this to the itchy area to lessen the uncomfortable feeling. Aloe Vera is rich in Vitamin E which is an antioxidant. It protects the body from free radicals which can harm cells and tissues.
- Use cool and moist compress to the rash. This will help ease the discomfort in your skin. The calamine lotion is usually used after doing the wet compress.
- Apply a small amount of baking soda or corn starch to the skin affected. This will help dry the sores and heal them quickly.
- Rub olive leaf extract to your sores. This natural remedies for shingles restricts with critical amino acid production which is vital for viruses to grow and replicate. It is known to kill the zoster virus. It can also reduce the spread of viral infection by deactivating viruses or by preventing virus shedding, budding, or assembly at the cell membrane.
- Use a honey remedy. As natural remedies for shingles, apply honey and coconut oil to the outbreak then let it stay for as long as possible. It will help relieve the itching. Also, add honey to your food intake because it has nitric oxide metabolites. This means that increasing this oxide concentration in bodily fluids may help hinder or even prevent viral replication.
- Use herbs such as licorice root, garlic, propolis, echinacea, passion flower, and lemon balm. The effects of these herbs range from anti-viral to immune modulating. Also, it is anti-inflammatory thus reducing pain and anxiety. Make sure to supply your cooking with these herbs as often as possible.
- Take a warm and colloidal oatmeal bath. Taking this bath is one of the most soothing and relaxing natural remedy for shingles itch for it helps discharge the skin irritation that would also help to take the itch and sting away.
- Take an epsom salt and baking soda bath. It can be another alternative for nerve pain and discomfort reliever. It will give you relief for shingles symptoms. This will help decrease the swelling and heal skin scratches.
- Learn to relax. When you experience stress, the body’s immune system is undergoing a lot of pressure. The body’s immune response decreases, which allows pathogens to enter. You can relax through meditation and Yoga. These are excellent alternative treatments for shingles that could also keep your stress and anxiety levels down so the immune system will not be compromised. You can also exercise to relax but just don’t overdo it. 30 to 40 minutes of workout is already good for the day.
When natural remedies for shingles doesn’t reduce the symptoms or the pain, visit your doctor.