The Most effective treatment for ADHD are Stimulants such as Adderall, Concerta, Focalin, Vyvanse, Quillivant, and Ritalin in long-acting form are often prescribed for symptoms. Strattera, a nonstimulant approved for treatment of adult ADHD, is also widely prescribed, he says. Read More Here….
Watch This Video Attention Deficit Disorder-Treatments For ADD & ADHD
Dr. William Pelham, an expert in behavioral treatments for children with ADHD, describes five categories of behavioral treatment:
- Cognitive-behavioral interventions.
- Clinical behavior therapy.
- Direct contingency management.
- Intensive, packaged behavioral treatments.
- Combined behavioral and pharmacological treatments.