Prevention of Nephrotoxicity
Prevention of nephrotoxicity can only be properly done by understanding its cause and how it can affect the overall being of a person. This is a dysfunction of the kidneys due to exposure to different medications, especially chemotherapy, therefore a side effect of this cure to renal function. This happens when the anti neoplastic agents’ serum concentration drastically increased as reaction to renal clearance or decrease in liver metabolism. Among the drugs that have been associated with Nephrotoxicity are Alkylating agents like Cisplatin, Ifosfamide, and Nitrosoureas; Anti tumor antibiotics like Plicamycin and Mitomycin C; Anti metabolites like High-dose methotrexate and 5-Azacytidine; and Biologic agents like Interleukin-2 and Interferon.
Natural Prevention of Nephrotoxicity
1. Renal diet. There are already a number of diet plans that are recommended for those who are prone to nephrotoxicity. These are called renal diets and are consist of mostly vegetables and fruits that can help cleanse the body from all the toxins that are retained after some medications and treatment procedures.
2. Healthy lifestyle. People who have been treated of cancer and/or other highly toxic illnesses should adopt a healthy and balanced lifestyle – eat the right foods, drink plenty of water, take enough rest, and indulge in exercises. All of these activities will definitely help in keeping the body strong and fit as well as in administering prevention of nephrotoxicity.
3. Steer clear from triggering factors of nephrotoxicity. All the medications and treatments that are associated to nephrotoxicity should be avoided as much as possible, although there are some of these that cannot be totally evaded because of the primary function that they hold in also improving the overall health condition of an ailing person. But in the case that there is no need, it is best to stay away from all these to prevent any cases of side effects that will lead to nephrotoxicity.
4. Regular check-up. It is a must to have a good check with your trusted doctor at least once every 6 months to 1 year. This will help provide the information that each person should get about him or herself. With the available information that the doctor can provide, as well as the advice, everyone will be able to keep one’s self at the best condition. Also, every patient will be educated well enough as to how he or she will care appropriately about his or her health and/or condition.
5. Keep natural. Most processed foods and drinks are not the healthy stuff they portray, so there is nothing better than to stay with natural. May it be food or drinks, there is nothing better than to keep natural all the time. If taking supplements, make sure that the advice of a medical practitioner is taken and that the chosen products are from all-natural active ingredients.
Prevention of nephrotoxicity is way too each if one keep true and natural at all times. Also, it is best to ensure that the body is given enough rest and the things that it needs by way of feeding it well and resting it for at least eight hours a day.