A Quick Guide About Natural Snoring Remedies
Snoring is when a person breathes noisily during sleep. It is necessary to identify why a person is snoring and cure it with natural snoring remedies.
Most of the time, people are searching on Google the reasons why they are snoring. Some even search the exact words of “why do I snore?” but only few are researching for natural snoring remedies. There are many natural ways to stop snoring and sometimes it needs to start with changing a person’s lifestyle or just having bedtime remedies before sleeping.
Snoring is a common condition, but mostly occurs to men and people who are overweight. It has the tendency to be worse as the person grows older. Occasional snoring is not a serious case but habitual snorers cause problems to their loved ones during sleep. But, they can be given medical assistance to have a good night’s sleep.
According to studies, there are health risks associated with snoring. Interruptions of breathing during sleep and interrupted sleep can cause strain on the heart. Despite these health risks, snoring can still be solved through natural ways to prevent snoring or via snoring herbal remedies.
Here are some natural snoring remedies that can help you and your loved ones.
Start to change your lifestyle.
● Lose weight. Most people who snore are overweight. If you lose weight even by just a few pounds, you can decrease the fatty tissue in the throat’s back and cut or even stop snoring.
● Workout or exercise. Exercising your physical body can also lead to toning the throat muscles.
● Drop your intake of alcohol, sleeping pills, and sedatives.
● Don’t eat a heavy meal three hours before sleeping. It can help relax your throat before you go to sleep.
● Avoid or quit smoking. Smoking infuriates the membranes in the nose and throat that block the airways and usually causes snoring, making it one of the most effective natural snoring remedies.
●Have a healthy bedtime ritual. This can help establish regular sleep patterns.
● If you are snoring because of allergic reactions, drink a cup of tea made from the herb stinging nettle. It soothes the irritation caused by pollen allergies.
● Make a home-made saline nasal spray. Sometimes, nasal congestion is the cause of snoring.
● Olive oil remedy. Sip 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil. Oils can tighten the muscles under the palate to keep the airways open.
● Eucalyptus oil remedy. Eucalyptus has an anti-inflammatory agent that when applied to the nose reduces swelling in the inner lining of the nostrils and nasal passageways.Eucalyptus oil can be rubbed directly outside the nose but it is also good to inhale its steam.
● Garlic remedy. Garlic can treat snoring due to sleep apnea as it helps calm and lessen enlarged tonsils as well as inflammation in the respiratory system.
● Sleep pattern remedies. There are sleeping positions that can block the passage of air and make the tissues at the back of the tongue collapse and results to snoring.
● Sleep on your side. Because when you sleep on your back, your tongue and soft palate rest against the back of your throat, which blocks the airway.
● Do throat exercises. When these natural snoring remedies are practiced daily, they can strengthen the upper respiratory tract muscles and can help reduce or even stop snoring.
● Dust more often and change sheets to reduce bedroom allergens. This could ease nasal stuffiness by having a clean home.
If ever these natural snoring remedies will not work on an individual, better consult your doctor for other possible remedies.